Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Joys In Life

Being able to drive again has given me so much appreciation for so many of the things we take for granted everyday. Not just being able to go to the grocery store by myself, or drive my kids to school. There are things like taking my daughter to dance and watching her do what she loves. Driving to my kids' school and helping in their classrooms, something I wouldn't be able to do if I couldn't drive. Watching my son play football on the playground this morning with pure joy on his face, I drove out of the parking lot with tears streaming down my cheeks. I was actually able to drive to the store and buy an anniversary card for my wonderful husband. There are so many things that I couldn't do before, and my eyes have been opened to the little joys in life. They are present every day. You just have to open your eyes to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment